Pause. Place your left hand on your heart. Let go, listen & feel.
The greatest meditation,
is the one you are doing now.
Quality over quantity.
After completing years of daily meditation, experienced silent meditation retreats and studied under master teachers I can safely say that meditation is a key to a fulfilled life. Not an easy life, but a great one.
- Emotional Intelligence – experience less reactivity, anger, sadness and anxiety
- Focus – increase your focus and creativity, improve your ability to remove obstacles and distractions
- Flow – more easily enter states of flow where you are able to enjoy and process the tasks at hand with effectiveness and creativity
- Feel – be able to connect more with your body, feel pleasure and heal yourself
- Compassion – be more calm, more compassionate and more joyful
- Intuition – be more perceptive and know what to do in any situation based on the wisdom of your BALANCED body and mind
The main aspects to creating a morning practice are Space, Posture and Method.
Over a number of sessions we discuss and implement the following:
- Intention & Motivations
- Timing & Forming Good Habits
- Making Space
- Your Seat & Posture
- Personalised Methods & Techniques
- Design a Ritual
- 10 Day Trial
- Review & Refinement
We then explore various other elements including:
- Exploring objects & tools
- Taking meditation “off the mat” & into the world
- Practicing “secondary awareness”
- Exploring embodied practices to prepare the Body & Mind
- Art, technology and customising your practice
How to start…
- Face to Face meeting in your home
- Space Creation
- Morning Ritual Design
- Seat / Stool & Posture Setup
- Technique Discussion and Setup
- Two Reviews via Skype Session
Email to inquire and arrange a proposal for your particular needs.
Being calm and aware of the present moment allows you to make the right decisions. Utilising body based intuition you can meditate and move from a place of awareness.
Meditation is a sacred ritual.
As well as a natural moment to moment way to experience life.
The collection of thinking on this site explores different aspects of being a ___________ man. Implementing meditation, YOUR way.
I strongly believe that you require a foundation practice of stillness in order to then dance and unite with the nature around you.
Meditation is stillness.
A daily meditation practice provides:
- Healing opportunity for the parasympathetic systems
- Strengthening the whole mind (not just your brain) to filter and react to incoming sensory data
- Builds a map of your being in order to better understand what you have to experience this life with and through
- Feel more, expands your spectrum of pleasure (and pain)
- Starts to allow you to access the wisdom contained within your being, your body and then you can MOVE FROM THERE.
MEDITATION IS AN EFFORTLESS ART.
How you get still is up to you… I passionately believe that in order to evolve, we need to better understand ourselves before we can interact and love the world around us.
Read on and make up your own mind.
MEDITATION IS A MIRROR.
If your are courageous enough to get still, you will see your life reflected in your thinking, actions and deeds. You become aware of your resistance to situations and patterns that have been writing the story of your life.
But you also realise that it is all a story, one that you can rewrite if you wish.
WANT TO START NOW…
HERE ARE MY FAVOURITE ONLINE MEDITATION TOOLS
Headspace – PAID
Easily the most well designed app on the market. First 10 day has 10 minute meditations for free, then a whole years worth of different, daily meditations delivered in style for which you pay around $150/yr. Great topics such as Creativity, Relationships and Health. It covers a range of meditation styles in a non secular fashion, however mainly focusses on visualisation, breath watching and body awareness related to the creators healthy and deep Buddhist lineage.
YogaGlo – PAID
David Harshada teaches meditation on Yogaglo, a paid online yoga instruction service. David is a no bullshit man delivering easy to access teachings for all people, with a focus on men’s work and spirituality.
Google Search Inside Yourself
1 Giant Mind – FREE
This free app that offers simple instructions created to teach you how to meditate in the Vedic (Mantra) style. With a variable timer, video tutorials, and a troubleshooting resource, the three-level program is designed to cover all the basics in a few short sessions.